Prologue StoryBoards

Last semester I ended up creating storyboards for the opening scene. The first section, up until we enter Sam's bedroom, will only happen through an soundscape in complete darkness, however, I found that story boarding it anyway will help me create the necessary soundscape for the environment. 

The first scene shows that Sam was originally spelunking with a few friends when she dropped her phone. While trying to get it back, she falls into the cavern and out of earshot of her friends, all while triggering a cave in. 

 

 

When the screen comes up (the first time for the player) we have transitioned to Sam's bedroom on a rainy summer night. Something in the air is causing her (and the player) anxiety, and as the game progresses she will be triggered back into the cave, where the game will truly begin. 

 

 

I tried to Juxtapose the two environments as much as I could - the cave with frenetic colors and motion, ad the room with a monochromatic, stable environment.  


When I finalize the narrative, I hope to make more of these storyboards, as they are helpful for me. I may not post them here, however, as I don't want to spoil the entire game! 


-Lex

Comments

Popular Posts